Summer Healthcare Experience (SHE)
The Summer Healthcare Experience (SHE) is a weeklong educational program designed for young women who will be rising Juniors and Seniors in High School.
Program dates: July 31-Aug. 4, 2017
- Shadow and learn from physicians, nurses, administrators, research scientists and allied health professionals
- Take part in hands-on labs and procedure simulations
- Receive personalized college counseling, including test preparation, an essay-writing clinic and interview coaching
- Collaborate on a digestive health awareness project
- Complete American Heart Association "Basic Life Support" training
- Meet mentors and like-minded local peers
- Graduate with a certificate of completion and a letter of reference
Who should apply?
You should consider applying to the Summer Healthcare Experience if:
- You are a young woman in high school, ages 16 to 18 and will be a rising Junior or Senior.
- You are considering pursuing a career in healthcare, such as doctor, nurse, pharmacist, social worker, healthcare administrator, physical therapist, nutritionist, genetic counselor, surgeon, dermatologist, radiologist, cardiologist, physician assistant, occupational therapist and more.
- You want to learn more about career opportunities in the healthcare industry.
- You want to learn how to apply to college and/or make your college application more competitive.
- You want to make friends who share your interests.
- You want to meet role models and mentors.
- You are ready to work hard and have fun for a week this summer.
Tuition and scholarships
Tuition is $1,359. Final deadline is May 1, 2017 for Program Application.
If you want to be considered for a scholarship, completed Program Application and Scholarship Application and materials must be received by May 1, 2017.
- Breakfast and lunch provided daily
- Set of scrubs
- Graduation reception for families
- Certificate of completion and letter of reference
Eight to 10 full scholarships are available based on merit and financial need. See the scholarship application instructions below.
How to apply
1) Submit the Program Application, including your transcripts, by May 1, 2017.
2) Submit the Program Application (including transcripts) and Scholarship Application (including 2015 and 2016 tax returns) by May 1, 2017.
Only complete applications (including all required amterials) will be reviewed for admission.
If you have more questions, view our FAQ ›
If your question isn't answered there, please email Sonha Castelli at firstname.lastname@example.org.